The MCA presents customs within the context of international trade, having regard to taxation and compliance. It aims to impart theoretical knowledge and ensure its application in a practical context. To do this it employs blended learning: lectures, research and a work-place project.
The MCA consists of five modules which deal with different aspects of international trade from a customs perspective. The choice of subjects has been determined by the following considerations:
- the technical expertise required of customs managers,
- the need for strategic managers to look beyond the business of their organisation and view customs within the context of international trade
- ethical duty incumbent on all those who work with customs law to promote transparency, compliance and integrity
The MCA consists of the following:
- Taught classes consisting of two one-week seminars and monthly lectures. The monthly lectures are also available online.
- Self-study during which participants prepare for and reflect on taught classes
- The transfer project where students apply theory to practice in the work-place
- The master's thesis dealing with a practical aspect of customs law
For further information click on the topics on the right!